Following the ending of the consultation period on a number of proposed legislative changes, that were set out in Consultation Papers, 67, 69 and 70, the Board, after due consideration of consultees comments, recommended to the President for enactment a new Collective Investment Law to replace the 2006 Law and consequential amendments to the Regulatory Law 2004 and the Investment Trust Law 2006. Furthermore the Board also made amendments to the Rulebook as described below. Accordingly, where reference is made below to a Consultation Paper, please bear in mind that changes may have been made to the legislation therein following consultation.
TAKE NOTICE THAT:
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum in his capacity as the Ruler of Dubai enacted the following Laws on 1 July 2010 to come into force on 11 July 2010:
• COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT LAW, DIFC LAW No.2 of 2010
• DIFC LAWS AMENDMENT LAW, DIFC LAW No.3 of 2010
See Consultation Paper No. 69 for more details.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE THAT:
The Board made the following Rulemaking Instruments to come into force on 11 July 2010:
• ENHANCEMENTS TO THE PRICE STABILISATION REGIME RULES INSTRUMENT (No. 70) 2010 (See Consultation Paper No. 67 for more details).
• ENHANCEMENTS TO THE ENFORCEMENT REGIME RULES INSTRUMENT (No. 71) 2010 (See Consultation Paper No.70 for more details).
• ENHANCEMENTS TO THE COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT FUNDS REGIME RULES INSTRUMENT (NO. 72) 2010 (See Consultation Paper No. 69 for more details)
The relevant DFSA Administered Laws and modules of the Rulebook have been updated on the DFSA website and the instruments may be viewed under the “Rulemaking Instruments” section.
Issued July 2010
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode