Privacy and Security
- The Dubai Financial Services Authority (“DFSA”) is the independent regulator of all financial and ancillary services conducted through the Dubai International Financial Centre (“DIFC”), a financial free-zone in Dubai.
Data Protection at the DFSA
- The DIFC Data Protection Law DIFC Law No.1 of 2007 as amended by Data Protection Law Amendment Law DIFC Law No. 5 of 2012 (“Data Protection Law”), which is administered by the Commissioner of Data Protection (http://dp.difc.ae), regulates the use of 'personal data' in the DIFC. Personal data is essentially any information about an identifiable living individual. The Data Protection Law establishes enforceable standards for data controllers regarding obtaining, holding, using or disclosing personal data. As a data controller, the DFSA must comply with these standards. The Data Protection Law also gives individuals the right to access personal data held about them.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Law, any personal data you provide through the DFSA App is expressly being provided with your consent or in the exercise of the DFSA’s functions or powers under legislation administered by the DFSA. The personal data will be processed and protected by the DFSA in accordance with the Data Protection Law.
What kind of personal data does the DFSA hold?
The DFSA collects and uses certain types of information about people it deals with as part of its regulatory functions. These include individuals within the regulated community, those who are proposing to join the regulated community and those who may have dealings with the regulated community, its own employees, suppliers and others with whom it conducts business.
If you are an individual, you have the right under the Data Protection Law to access personal information held by the DFSA, and if necessary, rectify it (subject to certain exemptions). If you wish to make a personal data access request to the DFSA, write to us at [email protected].
- Unless otherwise stated, the DFSA owns the copyright and any other rights in all material on the DFSA App.
- You may print and download extracts from the DFSA App on the following conditions:
- The material on the DFSA App is for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation; any copies of material that you save to disk or to any other storage medium may (subject to the exception referred to at 2.4 below) only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were saved or stored;
- Any extracts which are printed may only be used for personal viewing or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were printed (subject only to the exception referred to at 2.4 below);
- Neither pages saved to disk or stored in any other way, nor extracts printed, may (subject to the exception referred to at 2.4 below) be distributed to third parties or sold or otherwise circulated for profit;
- The only permitted exception to the general conditions stated in clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above is where extracts (of no more than a few relevant provisions) are copied to individual third parties incidental to advice or other activities;
- The DFSA’s copyright notice (ie © Dubai Financial Services Authority) must appear in all copies.
- You must not reproduce or store any part of the DFSA App in any other website or application, or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without the DFSA’s prior written permission.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- The DFSA tries to ensure that the information on the DFSA App is correct, but the DFSA does not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. The DFSA does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Several Federal and other UAE Laws have been translated into English and appear on the DFSA App for general information purposes only. The DFSA does not warrant the accuracy of such translations and therefore, bears no responsibility for any reliance placed on the same. Accordingly, interested parties are directed to the original definitive Arabic versions which appear in the official gazette.
- The DFSA is not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the DFSA App, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the DFSA App or any such material.
- Part of the DFSA App contains material sent to us by third parties. These third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to us complies with national and relevant foreign law. The DFSA is not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. The DFSA reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit any material submitted.
- The materials on the DFSA App do not constitute financial or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser if you require financial or other advice.
- The DFSA App may offer links to other sites which enable you to leave the DFSA App. The DFSA does not control the linked sites and the DFSA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The DFSA is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The DFSA provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply the DFSA’s endorsement of the site.
Information collected and stored
- The DFSA App only stores a device ID from a user’s device when downloading the DFSA App.
- The DFSA will collect no personal information about you when you utilise the DFSA App unless you choose to provide such information or participate in an activity that asks for information (sending an email, submitting an enquiry, filing a complaint, etc.)
- If you choose to provide the DFSA with personal information via the DFSA App, the DFSA may use that information to assist it in responding to your communication.
- If you submit any form of personal data via the DFSA App in relation to potential employment, by doing so, you consent to the DFSA processing and storing your personal data for that purpose.
These terms as well as your access to the DFSA App shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Dubai International Financial Centre without giving effect to conflicts of law principles thereof. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms, including their use, validity and acceptance shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre.
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode