The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) alerts the financial services community and members of the public about a fraudulent scheme in which the DFSA has been impersonated.
As part of the fraudulent scheme, the scammers:
• falsely promise the release of a USD 6,000,000 contract award following the payment of a USD 280,000 tax clearance to the “ Dubai Tax Authority”;
• falsely claim that the contract award to be released is registered with the DFSA; and
• issue a false DFSA “Tax Receipt” for the payment of the tax clearance.
The scammers also fraudulently use the name of the DFSA’s Chairman to promote the scam.
Please click here to view the fraudulent documents.
The DFSA wishes to advise that:
• the DFSA does not register or release any contract award funds;
• the DFSA does not issue any “Tax Receipts”;
• the “Dubai Tax Authority” does not exist; and
• the scammers have fraudulently used the name of the DFSA, and that of its Chairman, without authority and for a malicious purpose.
The DFSA strongly advises that you do not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should you send any money to any party involved in the scam.
The DFSA has a page on its website dedicated to alerts which it has issued about scams. All alerts issued by the DFSA may be accessed by going to: ALERTS
The DFSA has also issued warnings and guidance about the common types of scams, including Advance Fee scams, perpetrated on consumers. For more information on these scams please go to: HOW TO AVOID BEING SCAMMED
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), DFSA or a DFSA regulated Firm, you should direct your concerns to the DIFC on Tel:+971 4 362 2222 and to the DFSA via the DFSA Complaints function on: COMPLAINTS
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode